Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Apparition 11~An Angel A Day~Angel Book,Artwork, Paintings, Prints and Cards by Marina Petro


"Apparition 11"
Original Sold
Prints and Cards are available below
From the book, "ANGELS" Guardians From Heaven & Their Habitats by Marina Petro

When I completed this painting, I realized it was the angelic 'vision' I had when I was 16 years old, while walking through Central Park, in NYC very late one night with a friend. As we were walking, something made me turn around and I saw this image floating very quickly toward me...her arm, moving in a chastising gesture, directed at me. I got so scared...  started to run...  out of the park and went home where I should have been in the first place. I'm sure she was protecting me...

Quotation that goes with this image from the book:

"God speaks to each of us as he makes us
 then walks with us silently out of the night.

These are the words we dimly hear:
You, sent out beyond your recall, to go the limits of your longing. Embody me. Flare up like flame and make big shadows I can move in. Let everything happen to you:
beauty and terror.
Just keep going.

No feeling is final.

Don't let yourself lose me.
Nearby is the country they call life. You will know it by its seriousness.
Give me your hand."

~Ranier Maria Rilke


Preview or purchase ANGELS BOOK here.

Prints and greeting cards are available here.
I am offering Free Shipping on prints and cards through December 31, 2009

Email Me

Blog

Be my fan on FaceBook
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin