Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Star Birth" by Marina Petro


Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA

Star Birth
12" x 6" (30.5cm x 15.3cm)
Oil on Panel
$150 plus $10 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.




Star Birth was painted on a very smooth canvas textured board. It felt like I was painting on silk. Very pleasant experience. This piece has a notch on the back which enables it to be hung with a small nail, eliminating the need for a frame.

I planted phase two in my garden today...a variety of sunflower seeds, morning glories by the arbor, one zuchinni plant, one tomato plant, basil, marigolds, giant snapdragons. I've only planted one zuchinni and tomato because I'd rather have flowers at this point. I talked about painting a zuchinni the other day and will do so from my own crop...unless an irresistibly interesting one calls to me from the vegetable bin at the supermarket...what do you think the chances of that are? Oh, God, someone please stop me...

...and...here's the link to my latest newsletter where you can see a preview of my new Daily Painting Portfolio/Book.

Today's Quotation: "Space, and space again, is the infinite deity which surrounds us and in which we are ourselves contained.
-Max Beckmann


Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My new Daily Paintings Book
My paintings at Etsy
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

2 comments:

Sandra Galda said...

I like this one very much!

Dayna Talbot said...

Marina....
Really interesting, love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin