Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

"Moon Rise" by Marina Petro


Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
"Moon Rise"
16x20 inches
Original oil painting on stretched canvas
Email meto inquire about purchasing this piece.

...Another product from my imagination. I began this painting a few months ago. I went as far as I could with it and then put it aside. I tweaked it yesterday, adding more definition to the cliffs, worked on getting the moon to glow more and now I'm happy with it. There's a subtle white form between the two cliffs that looks like an angel. This was not deliberate...it just happened and I decided to leave it there. What do you think? I'm not overjoyed with the title I've given this painting and will be open to your suggestions for the next day or two...

Today's Quotation: "We can come in touch with higher power if we succeed to isolate ourselves from the chaotic and worthless about us."
-Ivan Mestrovic


Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My new Daily Paintings Book
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin