Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Solar Flames-Celestial Skyscape Oil Painting 6x12 by Marina Petro

Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
"Solar Flames"
6x12 
Original oil on 1 1/2" gallery wrapped stretched canvas.
Painted around all sides and does not need a frame.
Purchase securely at my ETSY SHOP or EMAIL me for other purchasing options.

Another painting that just flowed from my brush effortlessly. God, I wish this were the case with each creation. It is usually the case when I paint a celestial theme or a painting from "The Zone" series. It happens when I surrender everything and work from pure spontaneity. Everything else, with the more realistic themes,  employs my analytical faculties, along with the intuitive faculties and is often quite a struggle. You might ask why I would choose to struggle....?  It's because I am driven to develop my artistic skills to the highest level that I can and that involves struggle.

Today's quotation: " Energy is eternal delight; and from the earliest times human beings have tried to imprison it in some durable hieroglyphic. It is perhaps the first of all the subjects of art."
-Kenneth Clark




Email Me
Blog
MyFaceBook Page
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin