Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

VIOLET MIST~Landscape Oil Painting Winter Mist Fog by Marina Petro

 
Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
Violet Mist
20x24 
Original landscape oil painting on stretched canvas
Purchase secure at my ETSY SHOP or EMAIL me for other purchasing options

This ethereal piece was painted from a photograph I took early in the morning while driving to my painting class. The photo does not do it justice. It has beautiful shades of violet, blue grays, pinks. The trees in the foreground are a very deep green with a touch of purple. 

This painting invokes peace and tranquility...at least for me. The color purple is the combination of red and blue. It is often associated with royalty, nobility, ambition and luxury. Purple is also associated with spirituality, dignity, creativity, mystery and magic.  I painted one wall in the main part of my home a beautiful shade of purple. Purple is one of my favorite colors.

Today's Quotation:  A moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience.  
~Oliver Wendell Holmes



Email Me
Blog
MyFaceBook Page
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

1 comment:

Rob Hazzard said...

Beautiful sense of depth Marina!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin