Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

FROM THE DEEP-Water Lily Pond Floral Landscape Oil Painting by Marina Petro

Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
"From The Deep"
16x20 
Original oil painting on stretched canvas
Purchase securely at my ETSY SHOP or EMAIL me for other purchasing options.

Here is another painting I would consider 'Healing Art." The colors and atmosphere convey a sense of peace. The greens I chose are the shades that are considered healing. There's also a lot of white which suggests spirituality and the higher mind. The violet/pink lily on the green stem combines spirituality, love, a mystical sense and is rising from the depths in its full beauty. I wish you could see the light coming through the larger leaf in the center that is rising up. There's no way my camera can capture it. If you click on the image, it should bring you to a larger version.

Today's Quotation:  "The senses are a kind of reason. Taste, touch and smell, hearing and seeing, are not merely a means to sensation, enjoyable or otherwise, but they are also a means to knowledge – and are, indeed, your only actual means to knowledge. "
~St. Thomas Aquinas

Email Me
Blog
MyFaceBook Page
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin