Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

"CITRUS BOWL" by Marina Petro



Citrus Bowl
8" x 6" (20.4cm x 15.3cm)
Oil on Panel
$100 plus $10 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.



Every new painting is a challenge. I didn't think I did a 'good job' with this one until I got some distance from it. The little highlights on the limes looked 'just wrong' as I was painting close up but continued to paint until I was exhausted and completed the painting. I walked away from it for a few hours and when I viewed it again from a bit of distance, it was just peachy ...the highlights sparkle...and I'm happy.

Today's Quotation: "Painting is dancing with chaos."
-Melanie Circle


Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

1 comment:

Karen Bruson said...

Marina, The limes look so real. What a nice little painting.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin