Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

"POLKA DOT APPLE" by Marina Petro



Polka Dot Apple
SOLD


Happy Birthday to me! I'm glad to be alive, considering the alternative. My mind is touching upon all the blessings in my life and I am grateful.

"Polka Dot Apple" is the third painting I've done with this fabric and there will probably be more to come. The first two were with pears, which are my favorite fruit to paint.

I visited our local apple orchard's little country store Tuesday to look for apple models with leaves attached....found a really cute one but by the time I got home it had shifted position in the beverage holder and the leaf fell off. I couldn't even crazy glue it back on. I did learn, with great excitement, though, that they have a few pear trees in the orchard so I will finally be able to paint pears with their leaves (and maybe branches) still attached when they are in season. I'm happy...simple pleasures...

Today's Quotation: "Composer, sculptor, painter, poet, prophet, sage – these are the makers of the after-world, the architects of heaven. The world is beautiful because they have lived. Without them, laboring humanity would perish."
-James Allen

2 comments:

Sandra Galda said...

Hi Marina! Happy Birthday! This is an eyecatching painting! Lots to look at here and lots of contrast. Love seeing your work with complex fabric pattern, you are very brave. I will have to get up some energy for that too someday!

Adventures in Daily Painting said...

Thanks Sandra!
Just jump in ... you will surprise yourself...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin