Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Harvest, "Still Life Oil Painting," by Marina Petro

The Harvest
22" x 28"
Original oil painting on canvas
Still Life Series

Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!


Details and purchasing information HERE or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.
This painting was difficult to photograph. It actually has more of a slight golden, muted hue throughout the entire piece. I toned the canvas with Gold Ochre Transparent prior to painting but couldn't capture it with my camera.

Autumn is such a colorful season here in upstate New York. I am looking forward to visiting our local orchard and picking apples with their leaves still attached....I've got 'a thing' for fruit with leaves attached. The leaves make the paintings so much more interesting.

The first thing I do when I go to the market is check out the fruit bins to see if I can spot anything with a leaf. It is rare, but I do get lucky on occasion. The trick is to paint them before they disintegrate. There have been times when I began a still life and couldn't get back to it before the fruit or vegetables rotted....it's a joke in my family.

Today's Quotation: "As a suffering creature, I cannot do without something greater than I--something that is my life--the power to create."
-Vincent van Gogh
 

1 comment:

WoRdPLaY! said...

AWESOME painting ma'am!! truly real looking!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin