Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Autumn Landscape Oil Painting, "Autumn Mist" by Marina Petro

Autumn Mist
20" x 24"
Original landscape oil painting on canvas

Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!


Details and purchasing information HERE or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.
This painting was inspired partially from a photograph as well as memory of landscapes such as this I  driving around the countryside in Autumn. Observers have commented that this painting is 'haunting' and 'mysterious.'

To get the effect of mist on the trees in the background, I painted them in dark initially and allowed the paint to dry. Then, I began to gently paint over them with light gray, until I achieved the effect I wanted.  It seemed easier to approach it this way rather than mix the gray color and apply it directly to paint in the trees.

At the moment i am periodically looking out my window waiting for the predicted 4-6 inches of snow to begin falling....ugh...a bit too early for my liking and just at the height that needs plowing. We've already had a light snowfall on Friday as you can see from the pic below.....and it's still October!
Today's Quotation:  "Pain nourishes courage. You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you."
-Mary Tyler Moore
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin