Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Solar Fire-Night Skyscape Celestial Oil Painting by Marina Petro

 
Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
"Solar Fire"
6x8
Original oil painting on stretched canvas painted around all sides.
Purchase securely at my ETSY SHOP or EMAIL  me for other purchasing options.

 Well, I took another jaunt out in space and came back with creation. I am glad I added the planets and stars. They were an afterthought. I am practicing trying to make them glow more. They glow more 'in person' than in this photo.

I've been busy and a bit tired this week. Traveled down to Albany, NY to the Apple Computer store three times to update my computer, purchase and set up my new iPad.  One of my painting buddies brought hers to class a couple of weeks ago and when I saw it, I knew I had to have one. I saw the potential of having a portable portfolio for my artwork which is accessible at any moment. There's also a piano application available - yes - a piano keyboard that I can amuse myself with from time to time.

I began studying the piano when I was 9 years old and stopped when I was 12. I had gotten quite proficient. The last piece I memorized was a version of Malaguena which I played beautifully. My mother asked me to promise to practice the piano for one hour a day and she would buy me a new piano. The one we had was ancient. If I didn't promise,  she planned to trash the existing one and turn the little nook it was in into a 'sitting' nook with a new piece of furniture. That's when I discovered boys and they discovered me. Much more exciting at the time. I couldn't promise an hour a day and the rest is history. I have regretted it ever since...

Today's Quotation:  "Painting is an adventure to an unknown world. New ideas and concepts develop along the way. "  
~Ratindra Das

Email Me
Blog
MyFaceBook Page
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin