Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Andrea's Lillies-Water Lily Lotus Flowers Art Print by Marina Petro

Andrea's Lillies
Original Sold
Fine art prints on canvas, paper and greeting cards are available at Fine Art America

ARTIST~MARINA PETRO, SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY USA

I've added Andrea's Lillies to my collection of paintings available as prints and greeting cards at Fine Art America. 

This painting was inspired by a photograph my daughter, Andrea, took at the beautiful Yaddo Artist Retreat in Saratoga Springs, NY.   I live in Saratoga Springs and will be going there with my camera soon. The original painting was recently purchased by a hospital in Saratoga Springs for their permanent collection. It will be displayed in the Orthopedic Surgery floor with three of my other paintings. I am happy that recovering patients and their families will have access to it. The space they will be displayed in is under construction and I'll take pics of all my babies when they are on the wall and provide more details.

This is one of my works that I consider 'Healing Art"... why?....how do you feel when you view it? The colors I used are the primary colors considered 'healing colors.' Green is the primary healing color, white denotes spirituality and higher consciousness, and the pink/rose is the color of love.

Today's Quotation:  "When you paint, you forget everything except your object. When you are too much engrossed in it, you are lost in it; and when you are lost in it, your ego diminishes and love infinite appears. And when love is created, God is attained." ~Meher Baba


Email Me
Blog
MyFaceBook Page
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints at Fine Art America
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

1 comment:

Katie Wilson said...

The glow of these petals are fabulous. What a wonderful painting.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin