Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Shaman's Dream" by Marina Petro


"Shaman's Dream"
22"x28"
Oil on stretched canvas
Email me to inquire about purchasing this painting.

This is an 'automatic' painting. I began by clearing my mind of any end result and began to paint spontaneously with burnt umber. Initially, when a recognizable image began to appear I tried to ignore it and continue to paint until most of the canvas was covered. That's when I stood back and clearly saw the face at the bottom left, angel at the top left and the bird's face in the center. What a surprise! At that point I began to add color and define the existing forms a bit more. This is a very exciting way to paint...purely from the subconscious mind. Click on my blog link below if you'd like to leave a comment...

Today's Quotation: "We cannot escape fear. We can only transform it into a companion that accompanies us on al our exciting adventures. Take a risk a day - one small or bold stroke that will make you feel great once you have done it."
-Susan Jeffers

Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press


1 comment:

Sandra Galda said...

Very interesting approach! I sometimes do a clearing and thought type streamming thingy like that when drawing. Sometimes I start and let my daughter finsh and vise versa...it is fun and produces unexpected but always interesting results. the color here is striking!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin