Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Reflections Of A Red Butterfly, "Still Life Realism" ART PRINT from the Original Oil Painting by Marina Petro


©Marina Petro

Reflections Of A Red Butterfly
Original Sold
12" x 12" Print Now Available

Printed and shipped directly from my studio
Larger versions are also available on canvas...email me at the link just below.


Details and purchasing information AT THIS LINK or EMAIL ME HERE for other purchasing options and inquiries. 

View all my available paintings here


I have to say this is one of my favorite paintings. I didn't even get a chance to keep it around the studio for very long as the original sold almost immediately. This was a difficult painting to complete but I am very happy with the result. The reflections on the bowl were quite a challenge and my eyes kept blurring trying to strain and see accurately. There were a few times I wanted to give up on it but flashed ahead and realized I would regret doing so...so...I just kept going...and going...and going...

I was invited to submit an article to "Saratoga Life" magazine in Saratoga Springs, NY. I was able to scan the article and create a link to my website. You can read it here:

Today's Quotation:  "Painters often seem to be involved in a great struggle with those things they have the greatest difficulty mastering... It is as though the artist is always working a little bit beyond his area of competence, stubbornly doing what is to some degree impossible." 
-Alan Feltus
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin