Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Marina Petro Joins Beekman Artists Studios in Saratoga Springs, NY




Last Wednesday I accepted an offer I couldn't refuse. Studio space at Beekman Artists Studios, in the Arts District of Saratoga Springs, NY. Although I have a sizeable studio at my country home, a presence in the Arts District where I will have more visibility on a daily basis was very appealing. It is a lovely building which houses 20 working artisans - potters, painters and sculptors.  I'm very happy to be part of a community like this...especially through the rough and isolating winters here in upstate New York. I'm not listed at their website yet. This was a very quick decision and I'll keep you posted with more news and when I'm listed at the website.

Every first Saturday night in Saratoga Springs,  galleries stay open for visitors, serve refreshments and often have special events or activities. This past Saturday, Beekman Artists Studios hosted The JAY ST. DRUMMING CIRCLE-Gomni African Drumming in our beautiful courtyard adjacent to the studio building. They were beyond phenomenal! We plan to invite them again. If you are local folks and missed this performance, give yourself a gift and plan to be there next time. There are extra drums that the audience can participate and drum along with. Here are some pics...


Email Me
Blog
Website
MyFaceBook Page
Available Small Paintings
Available Paintings
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints at Fine Art America
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

5 comments:

Melissa Lynn D said...

Congrats! That sounds like a great opportunity! I wish there were more opportunities like that in my very rural area.

Adventures in Daily Painting said...

Thanks Melissa. Yes, I'm really enthused about this.

Judy Wood said...

Good for you on joining in with this group. It looks like a wonderful set-up and I'm sure it will be very positive for all concerned.

Judy Wood said...

Good for you on joining in with this group. It looks like a wonderful set-up and I'm sure it will be very positive for all concerned.

Lydia said...

Hi marina, nice blog & good post. overall You have beautifully maintained it, you must submit your site for free in this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin