Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fantasy Garden-Original Impressionist Oil Painting of a Garden with Clouds by Marina Petro


Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA

Fantasy Garden
12" x 6" (30.5cm x 15.3cm)
Oil on Panel
$150 plus $10 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.



Insurance included in shipping charge. Email me for other purchasing options.

This painting was a joy to create. It is painted on a very smooth canvas textured panel and my brush seemed to just glide across it. One of the reasons I paint in oil is its sensuous quality...while mixing, applying the paint, even the smell. Oil doesn't dry quickly or smell like acrylics. I use acrylics occasionally when I'm creating one of my 'From The Zone' paintings because I need the quick drying quality to get the results I want.

This garden was painted intuitively from my imagination. Sometimes this works well and other times it doesn't. This one worked well...at least I think so.

Today's Quotation: "I'd like to write the way I do my paintings, that is, as fantasy takes me, as the moon dictates."
-Paul Gauguin


Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My new Daily Paintings Book
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin