Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

"Night Fire" Abstract Landscape Oil Painting of a Night Sky, Planets, Stars, Lake with Fire and Clouds



Night Fire
6" x 6" (15.3cm x 15.3cm)
Oil on Panel

Email me to inquire about purchasing this piece-link is below.
Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
I didn't know where this painting was going when I first began. I had painted the whole panel with indigo a while back and let it dry first. The firey clouds were painted next and then on impulse, I put in the line of trees and all of a sudden, a body of water seemed to appear. Stars and planets were the finishing touches.

OOOPS!
In yesterday's post I mentioned that the opening reception at House of Creative Soul was today...I thought it was Friday all day yesterday...and the reception is tomorrow (Saturday) night from 6-8pm. Check out the details in my NEWSLETTER.


Today's Quotation: "The more fire is covered up, the more it burns."
- Ovid

Email Me

Blog

Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My new Daily Paintings Book
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

1 comment:

Meat On The Mirror Productions said...

Really nice work! The colors choices are great!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin