Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"IN THE BEGINNING" by Marina Petro


"In The Beginning"
30x40 Oil on stretched canvas
Prints are available matted or on paper. Email me for details.

This painting recently sold. It was one of the few remaining larger cosmic type pieces I had hanging around my studio. It's absence is motivating me to paint another. It is a very freeing experience when I create a painting from my imagination. The finished piece is always a surprise...a very different experience vs. painting from life or from a photograph. I've got one large canvas on hand and have been 'seeing' either another cosmic scene or a larger angel painting being born...perhaps a large garden with light streaming in. I pray for the energy to be able to continue to paint all the images that pass thru my mind.

Today is the day we begin to paint in the workshop I am attending with Carol Marine and I am so looking forward it. I'll keep you posted...

Today's Quote "The imagination is a powerful tool. An artist can use it to show others the world as he sees it and to bring others into his dream of what the world could be."
-David R. Becker


Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

1 comment:

Annelein said...

Hi Marina, I just added your blog to my links list on mine. Hope you enjoyed the workshop! I certainly did and will keep trying to conquer those oils!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin