Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

"LADYBUG" by Marina Petro



"Ladybug"
6x6 inches
Oil on Raymar Canvas Panel
$100
Purchase at eBay here

I've been on the phone with my printer and then computer help lines for over two hours and my brain is scrambled. It has seriously cut into my painting time. It seems the more I want to be in my studio painting, the more events come out of left field to absorb time and energy. It's just wrong! ...as my granddaughter would say.

I love painting pears and I especially like this painting. I'd finished the two pears and for a moment or two decided the painting was finished...but...it seemed like it needed something else. I flipped open my imagination and out popped a ladybug...the image delighted me and I painted her in. Hope you enjoy viewing it.

Today's Quotation: "Henry Fonda was still throwing up before each stage performance, even when he was seventy-five. In other words, fear doesn't go away. The warrior and the artist live by the same code of necessity, which dictates that the battle must be fought anew every day."
-Steven Pressfield
From my favorite book "The War Of Art"



Visit Marina's Blog

Website
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise
Tour Marina's Studio
Email Marina

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin