Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pear On Violet-Still Life Oil Painting of a Lone Pear by Marina Petro

Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
"Pear On Violet"
6x6
Original oil painting on archival Raymar canvas panel
Purchase securely at my ETSY SHOP or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries.

I've fallen in love with pears...and lemons...since I began still life painting in this small "daily painters" format over the past few years. Pears, especially, seem to have personalities...can't say the same for lemons though. 

I hadn't painted many still life works prior to my affiliation with the Daily Painters....although the ones I did paint were surprisingly pleasurable and I was very happy with the outcome. It was difficult to discipline myself, set up a still life, and focus on external objects to paint. I'd usually opt for painting spontaneously, intuitively and surprise myself with whatever appeared on the canvas. In any case, I'm glad I've added this dimension to my art...and...I am gradually learning to exercise patience...very very gradually.  They say the astrological sign of Aries was behind the door when patience was being handed out...

I've updated my website shop at IMAGEKIND earlier today. Take a look...Many of my paintings are available as prints on canvas and paper in a large variety of sizes. You can also make greeting cards there! 

Today's Quotation: "Try again. Fail again. Try better." 
~Samuel Beckett
Email Me
Blog
MyFaceBook Page
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin