Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Andrea's Lillies~Oil Painting of Water Lillies-Lotus Flowers by Marina Petro

Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
"Andrea's Lillies"
16x20
Original oil painting on stretched canvas
Email me for purchasing information

This beautiful work was created from a photo my daughter, Andrea, took on the grounds of  the Yaddo Artist Retreat in Saratoga Springs, NY...my current home town.

It's not possible to appreciate the beauty of this painting from the photographs. My ongoing attempts to improve my painting skills and patience culminated in this painting. Notice the little heart shape just above the leaves toward the bottom right...this is actually how this spark of light appeared in the original photograph! Amazing, isn't it! I like to think it represents the love I have for my daughters and granddaughter, who are my greatest blessings in this life.

This painting is leaving home for the month of May to be exhibited at The Saratoga Visitor's Center in Saratoga Springs, NY along with twenty of my other paintings. Stop in if you're in town. They would love to see you.

Here is the link to my current ART & INTUITION NEWSLETTER

Today's Quotation: "Does a rose exist that I might behold it? Or do I exist that a rose might be beheld?"
~Robert Brault

Email Me
Blog
MyFaceBook Page
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin