Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fire Storm~Skyscape Stormy Sky Celestial Oil Painting by Marina Petro

Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
"Fire Storm"
8x10 
Oil painting on stretched canvas
Purchase securely at my ETSY SHOP or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries
All paintings are shipped from my studio

Painted with passion and great energy. I didn't have anything in mind when I began this painting, but I knew I wanted to use fiery, hot colors...so...I just dipped my brush in the darkest colors first and began painting around three edges and bringing the color down throughout other sections of the painting spontaneously. The next step was gradually bringing in the lighter colors and blending them into the darker sections. It is such a freeing experience to paint in this way...try it!

Today's Quotation:  "Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark."
~Amiel, Journal, 17 December 1856


Email Me
Blog
MyFaceBook Page
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin