Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

"Three Cherries" Impressionist Still Life Oil Painting of Cherries by Marina Petro


ARTIST~MARINA PETRO, SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY USA
Three Cherries
5x7 Oil on Canvas Panel
$100 + $8 shipping - Email Me to inquire about purchasing options.

I hadn't painted cherries prior to this painting. I am very happy with how it turned out. The fabric they were sitting on was plain so I improvised and added the white highlights. Some look like leaves to me and others look like butterflies. I have been preoccupied with many details that have prevented me from painting as much as I ordinarily do and I am feeling it. I'm never really happy unless I have spent time in my studio. Hopefully I'll pull my act together this week and get back on track.



Today's Quotation: "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful"
-William Morris

Email Me

Blog

Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My new Daily Paintings Book
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

1 comment:

Sandra Galda said...

This is really beautiful Marina! Great job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin