Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dreamer, "Horse Art Print," "Equine Portrait Giclee by Marina Petro


Dreamer
16" x 20"
Giclee Reproduction on Canvas
Equine Portrait Series


Details and purchasing information  HERE  or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 

"Dreamer" was the very first horse I attempted to paint. You can read the story HERE. The original painting sold almost immediately to a very happy collector. The most difficult part of the painting was the eye and the mane. After I painted in the eye, I sat there looking at the reference photo for a very long time...a really long time...getting up and down and piddling around with other things,  in an exquisite state of avoidance... totally intimidated with the prospect of painting the mane...all that hair...

These are the times I miss my teacher more than ever. What he would have said was, "Marina, use this brush or that brush, start here or there, do this or that..." and then I would proceed like a good little girl. I was blessed with his presence for three years.

Anyway, I was on my own now...I grabbed a brush, dipped it in paint, held my breath and finished the painting. I still wonder how he would have directed me....

Today's Quotation: "Art is a form of supremely delicate awareness...meaning at oneness, the state of being at one with the object."
D.H. Lawrence

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin