Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Illumination, "Landscape Oil Painting" by Marina Petro

"Illumination"
5" x 7"
Original small oil painting on canvas
Landscape Series

Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!

Details and purchasing information HERE or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
A Certificate Of Authenticity is provided with every original painting.

I just finished this painting last night. It is a 'paint over.' The original painting had some similarities...the light illuminating the mountain and an impression of flowers in the foreground. It was really awful...at least I thought so and it had been sitting around here hiding in shame for a very long time. 

I decided to just hold my breath and jump into it....I started with the sweeping blue and white (whatever it is?) on the upper left and then put the clouds in on the upper right....changed the colors with some light glazing with warmer tones in the foreground...fooled around a little bit more, and here it is. I like it now...a lot...

As soon as I post this I will be working on another small 'paint over' which I began last night. So, what am I doing home on a Saturday night in Saratoga Springs during the most exciting weekend of the racing season....The Traver's Race...??? Oh, well...

Today's Quotation: Learn the backward step that turns your light inward to illuminate your self. Body and mind of themselves will drop away, and your original face will be manifest. 
-Dogen


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin