Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Whisper, "Horse Art Print" Equine Art by Marina Petro


Whisper
16" x 20"
Giclee Art Print on Canvas
$175
Equine Portrait Series
Original Has been sold - Prints are available on paper and canvas


Details and purchasing information  HERE  or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 

Here is another of my earlier equine portraits. Actually they are all pretty recent as I've just begun painting horses for about a year and a few months.  There's one more on my easel at the moment. When I complete it I think I will relax and either paint some skyscapes or flowers....horses are a bit more difficult and require more of an analytical process....at least for me. 

I was still in my studio on Beekman Street in the Arts District of Saratoga Springs when 'Whisper' was being created. I had just completed the painting and it was still on my easel when I asked my daughter, Joy, if she would 'studio sit' for me that evening and greet visitors. While she was sitting in front of the canvas, she said she had a sense that the horse was behind her whispering in her ear....This is what she heard...and that's how Whisper was got its name...It brings tears to my eyes and I'm not sure why....

Never said goodbye
Till next time
Will miss you
Hush
I heard you
Whisper

Today's Quotation: "The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire.
-Sharon Ralls Lemon


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin