Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Light Bearers, "Abstract Night Skyscape Painting" by Marina petro


"Light Bearers"
10" x 10"
Original oil painting on 1.5 inch gallery wrapped canvas
Celestial Skyscape Series
$159
Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!

Details and purchasing information  HERE or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.


Thought I'd take a break from some of the more detailed paintings that require actual thinking and use of my overtaxed analytical left brain. Well, folks, it didn't actually work out that way. This painting had what I thought was a great start with the first sitting and I was excited about getting back to it. When I went back to work on it again, I impulsively painted over some of the 'really nice' passages in an attempt to make them nicer. That led to everything else needing to be tweaked and here is the finished painting....totally different with not a hint of its beginning....and another glimpse into my brain... 

Today's Quotation: "Art is a form of supremely delicate awareness... meaning at-oneness, the state of being at one with the object." 
-D.H. Lawrence

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin