Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Genesis, Abstract Art, Skyscape Painting by Marina Petro



Genesis
24" x 36"Original oil painting on canvas
Celestial Art Series
Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!


Details and purchasing information HERE or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.


This abstract painting was created spontaneously from my imagination. I began to dip my brush into the first color that I was attracted to and it went from there. Some of the angular sections were shaped with a long hard rubber eraser, pushing paint around the canvas. It is a technique I'd never tried before and haven't since...although I like the effect and most likely will use it again. 

When the painting was completed and I was contemplating it, the strongest impression I received was the 'Creation'....I also 'see' a bird or white dove coming forth from the center of the painting. For me, it depicts the 'Holy Spirit.' Looking at it now, I also see an angel...read more about Genesis and the Creation here

Today's Quotation: "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will lie its whole life believing that it is stupid."
-Albert Einstein


1 comment:

oil painting said...

There are lots of things coming out of your painting. It takes long time to understand it. nice work.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin