Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Golden Pear, "Still Life Fruit Painting" by Marina Petro


Golden Pear
12" x 12"
Original oil painting on 1.5" deep gallery wrapped canvas
Still Life Fruit Series
Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!

Details and purchasing information HERE or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.

It was a happy day when I found this piece of decorative paper at a nearby shop to use as the background for my golden pear. I love the gold against the violet. The light pink flowers are actually pure white on the paper but they looked too stark when I painted them white, so I added some warm pink to tone them down a bit. I thought this painting would be a 'snap' to complete but it was more complicated than I'd anticipated. That happens a lot...more than I'd like...easy is just plain good sometimes...

Today's Quotation:  "Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think."
- Benjamin Disraeli

2 comments:

Andrée Casaubon said...

Beautiful combination of colors, lively, youthful and bright...Very beautiful. Congrats! Andrée

Adventures in Daily Painting said...

Thank you so much Andree!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin