Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fire Storm, "Skyscape Oil Painting" by Marina Petro

©Marina Petro

"Fire Storm"
8" x 10"
Original oil painting on canvas
Celestial Skyscape Series
Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!

Details and purchasing information HERE or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.


View all my available paintings here


This piece was painted in one prolonged burst of energy with just a few touchups afterward ... mostly getting the paint off myself. Being a 'fire sign' astrologically, painting with hot, fiery colors is extremely exciting when I am in the midst of it. Even if my energy is low, it awakens as I paint...

It is interesting to me that fire represents both the Holy Spirit and Hell...

Fire represents many things to many people and cultures. It is recognized as a purifier, a destroyer and as the generative power of life, energy and change. It represents illumination and enlightenment, destruction and renewal, spirituality and damnation...Read more in this article about Fire Symbolism In Myth And Religion, by Gary R. Varner 

Today's Quotation: "To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist."
-Schumann
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin