Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Reaching For The Light, "Landscape Oil Painting" Garden Art by Marina Petro

©Marina Petro

"Reaching For The Light"
11" x 14"
Original oil painting on canvas
Landscape Garden Series

Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!

Details and purchasing information HERE or EMAIL ME me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.


View all my available paintings here


This piece is straight out of my imagination...I consider it 'Healing Art" ...Why, you ask??  How does it make you feel when you view it?  It is even more beautiful 'in person.'

"Reaching For The Light" is actually a 'paint-over' of a painting I began outdoors last autumn and decided I wasn't satisfied with when I brought it back to my studio. It was actually pretty terrible. I'd lost patience, was physically uncomfortable, tired, and just started slopping paint around, hoping for a miracle. I didn't get one...So, the painting sat there, annoying me for quite a while until I picked it up and worked it over. I am very happy with it now.  There is a bit of texture from the original painting underneath that adds to it's interest. 

Too bad we can't 'work over' some of the past episodes in our lives....oh well...

Today's Quotation:  "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change."
-Charles Darwin



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin