Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Reflections Of A Red Butterfly, "Butterfly Painting" Still Life by Marina Petro


©Marina Petro

"Reflections Of A Red Butterfly"
20"x 20"
Original oil painting on canvas
Still Life Fruit Series

Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!

Details and purchasing information HERE or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.


View all my available paintings here


I really love this painting. To be fair to myself, it should be priced at least twice as much as I have it listed for at $595 and I am not shy at all about expressing this...but...the present economy is what it is...

Whew! That's all I can say.  I am so glad this ordeal is over. I didn't know what I was getting into when I chose this design but it was much more difficult than I would have imagined and feels like it took forever to complete. 

I began by painting everything but the butterfly and it's reflection. I was intimidated by those sections and very resistant. I kept losing my place and my eyes were playing tricks on me and tearing. There were times I wished there were fairies in my studio that would finish it during the night and surprise me with a fairy miracle in the morning...never happened, of course...but I wished anyway...

So that's the story of "Reflections Of A Red Butterfly"...

Today's Quotation:"The caterpiller does all the work, but the butterfly gets all the publicity."
-George Carlin 

2 comments:

Robin Rosenthal said...

Great way to showcase your art!

Robin Rosenthal said...

Great way to showcase your art!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin