Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fire On The Mountain, "Abstract Oil Landscape Painting," by Marina Petro

Fire On The Mountain
20" x 20"
Original oil painting on canvas
Abstract Landscape

Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!


Details and purchasing information  HERE or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.

The inspiration for this painting was a photograph that my very talented friend, Zoe Murphy, shot. I saw it on her Facebook page and asked permission to use it as reference for a paintingHer photo is just below...I began the painting...at first I was pleased with what was emerging on the canvas but as I continued to paint, I felt I was messing it all up....yup, I was.  I took the painting off my easel and placed it on the floor about 8 feet away and began studying it.  I was not pleased at all with my progress. I decided to turn the painting around and voila!....it seemed to come together magically. That's when I painted in the moon, signed it and called it a day.....

On another note....for my subscribers who are from the NY Capital Region. The Arts District on Beekman Street in Saratoga Springs, NY is celebrating American Craft Week Saturday, October 8, from 10-5 pm. My studio will most likely be open until 7. 

There's an open invitation to artists and crafters to set up a table to display and sell your work. There is no charge. There was a great response to last year's celebration...

 Today's Quotation: "When you're in doubt, be still, and wait; when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage. So long as mists envelop you, be still; be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists - as it surely will. Then act with courage." 
- Ponca Chief White Eagle


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin