Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"HEAVEN'S GARDEN" by Marina Petro



"Heaven's Garden"
22" x 28" Oil on stretched canvas
Please email me (link below) for purchasing options

I thought I'd post the first painting in process along with the finished painting so you can get an idea of how I work and the progression. I had another photo in process inbetween these two but it disappeared somewhere between my camera and computer.

Heaven's Garden was painted from my imagination. This was painted on a new type canvas called "Yes" Canvas. It is supposed to be suitable for all wet media such as watercolor paint or gouache. I originally ordered it to use for my "Zone" paintings as they are usually a combination of acrylic and gouache. I prefer gouache but it can be tentative on canvas. Working with oil paint on this new canvas was a very different experience. The paint seemed to dry almost immediately and has a smooth, almost matte finish. The canvas itself is very smooth. I do like it though.

I was going to work on the painting a bit more but after a friend and one of my daughters thought it looked finished, I stopped. I am always happy to finish a painting. I might try a small garden painting next...or another "Zone" painting on my new "Yes" canvas...but, if I don't get away from this computer, nothing will be painted. Hope you enjoy viewing it. You can always leave comments at my blog...link below. See you again soon.

Today's Quote: "The hardest thing to see is what is in front of our eyes." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin