Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"PUMPKIN" By Marina Petro



"Pumpkin"
16"x20" oil on stretched canvas
Email me for purchasing options...link is below.

Here is the finished 'pumpkin' painting. A while ago I posted the 'in process' version which is posted again here. I photographed this when I spotted a wonderful pumpkin patch at a neighbor's garage sale. The photo here doesn't do it justice. The leaves at the lower left and upper center are a beautiful lavender color but my camera just wouldn't interpret it very well. The most difficult part of this painting was rendering the details on these leaves. I'm very happy with the result.

I'm an Aries. We are noted in astrology to have been absent when patience was being handed out at birth. This was an exercise in patience. More than once I just wanted to run away from it. I need to remind myself of the quote below from time to time.

Today's Quote: "Genius is eternal patience."
-Michelangelo

Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin