Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"THE ORACLE" by Marina Petro


"The Oracle"
Original 30" x 40" Oil on Canvas - Sold
Prints are available at ImageKindonpaper or canvas starting at $16.98
or at my eBay store (link below)
Contact me for other purchasing options

NOTE: I posted this painting yesterday (Tuesday) and am posting it again because I've gotten notices that subscribers were having some problems receiving my posts. I changed a setting which might have created the problem. Hopefully it is fixed now.

I really wanted to post a new painting but...toilet overflowed and I thought I lost my tax records for this year...lots of phone calls I needed to get back to and I need a nap now so I'm posting an older painting again.

This is yet another painting from my imagination...sort of. One night about 26 years ago as I was lying in bed with my eyes closed (not asleep) the image of the most beautiful woman I could ever imagine appeared to me out of the darkness. She was glowing in light in red-orange garb. The expression on her face was pure love, like nothing I'd ever seen or experienced before...and yet to. "The Oracle" was my first attempt years later to do her justice from memory. I didn't capture her essence though. If I did, I wouldn't have sold the original painting. Perhaps when and if I evolve more I will try again...

For you local folks, I have a new exhibit at "Ultra Violet Cafe" next to the Spectrum Theatre in Albany, NY. Stop by if you're in town.

Today's Quote: "You always do what you want to do. This is true with every act. You may say that you had to do something, or that you were forced to,
but actually, whatever you do, you do by choice.
Only you have the power to choose for yourself."
-W. Clement Stone



Visit Marina's Blog

Website
Buy Marina's art on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise
Tour Marina's Studio
Email Marina


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin