Pages

Friday, February 29, 2008

From "THE ZONE" #28 In Progress by Marina Petro

From "The Zone" #28 still in progress...
I'm still working on this really fun 24" x 30" painting. Getting a bit more used to using acrylic paint on canvas. Still not sure whether I like it or not. Acrylic does have it's advantage, as rendering these in oil would be extremely difficult. Hopefully I'll have it completed in a few days. It's been difficult to stop on this one. I keep seeing areas that I want to decorate more and more....little dots, planets, hearts...These paintings are mindless and mindful at the same time. One of the most relaxing forms of painting I've ever experienced. Moment to moment discovery! I'm curious to see how the final piece turns out. I'll be giving a workshop next month on "Painting From The Zone."
If you click on the link, be sure to check out my other Zone Paintings in my Art Gallery link.
I'm also working on a commissioned piece as well as waiting for a painting I did of the lunar eclipse a few days ago to dry before I can finish it up.

Thought I'd give my subscribers from the warmer states a real treat! This is a photo of what we have on the ground now in upstate NY and what we are expecting 12 inches more tonight and through tomorrow. Are you jealous yet?

Today's Quotation: "I paint for my mental health. It is a lot cheaper than seeing a therapist, and a lot more fun."
-Sarah Jane Conklin


Visit Marina's Blog

Website
Buy Marina's art on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise
Tour Marina's Studio
Email Marina

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin