Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2008

"HEARTS & FLOWERS" by Marina Petro


"Hearts & Flowers"
6x6 inch acrylic on gessobord
$75http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif


This painting is an experiment to see if I could paint from "The Zone" in a smaller format. It wasn't easy. My "Zone" paintings are usually larger and allow more freedom of movement in general. I might try more of these small ones but not any time soon...at least I don't think so. Painting in acrylic is also quite new for me. I love oil paint but it is not conducive to this type painting.

I'm giving my first "Painting From The Zone" workshop on April 26 in Saratoga Springs, NY if any subscribers to this blog are interested in attending.

Todays Quotation: "The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery."
-Francis Bacon



Visit Marina's Blog

Website
Buy Marina's art on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise
Tour Marina's Studio
Email Marina

1 comment:

Showing Up for the Muse said...

I love this- this is very nice!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin