Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Eclipse Of The Moon, Night Sky, Skyscape Oil Painting by Marina Petro

©Marina Petro

"Eclipse Of The Moon"
16 x 20 inches
Original oil painting on stretched canvas

SOLD

Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!


PURCHASE HERE  or EMAIL ME  for other options and inquiries. 

Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.


"Eclipse Of The Moon" is another  painting created intuitively moment to moment by choosing the first colors I am attracted to and beginning to paint spontaneously from my spirit. I am very happy with this painting.

A lunar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes directly behind the Earth into its shadow. This can only occur when the Sun, Earth, and Moon are aligned exactly, or very closely so with the earth in the middle. Therefore, a lunar eclipse can only occur the night of a full moon.

Several cultures have myths related to lunar eclipses. The Egyptians saw the eclipse as a sow swallowing the moon for a short time; other cultures view the eclipse as the moon being swallowed by other animals, such as a jaguar in Mayan tradition, or a three legged toad in China. Some societies thought it was a demon swallowing the moon, and that they could chase it away by throwing stones and curses at it....

Today's Quotation: "I live my life in widening circles that reach out across the world. I may not ever complete the last one, but I give myself to it.
I circle around God, around the primordial tower. I have been circling for thousands of years, and I still don't know: am I a falcon, a storm, or a great song?"
-Ranier Maria Rilke
View all my available paintings here
If you see something you love at my Available Paintings page

Ask about my convenient LAYAWAY PLAN
I will make it very easy and convenient for you to purchase one of my original paintings...

foxyform
Blog
Website
Etsy Shop 
Zazzle 
Prints at Fine Art America
Facebook

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin