Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

The Harvest, Autumn Fruit and Vegetable Still Life Painting, by Marina Petro


The Harvest
22" x 28"
Original oil painting on canvas
Still Life Series

Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!

Details and purchasing information HERE or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.


View all my available paintings here

Autumn is such a wonderful, colorful season here in upstate New York. It's the only time of year when apples and other local fruit can be found with their leaves still attached. I love picking out my 'models' from the local orchards.

I participated in a Plein Air (outdoor painting) workshop with Harry Orlyk this past weekend in Salem, NY at the top of a long and winding hill overlooking the vast farmland and countryside.  It was a wonderful experience. I don't do much outdoor painting but will try to get out this autumn, while the weather is still cooperative, to paint the beautiful countryside here. What I really enjoy about plein air painting is that I paint really really fast, trying to complete one painting in a session, and... it helps to 'loosen' me up and discover even more ways my intuition flows through while painting. It forces a different kind of observation....always something new to discover...keeps life interesting and moving forward...

Today's Quotation: "A creative process that is thought out too much hinders one's unconscious, instinctive, and super-conscious levels."
-Marie Pobre
 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin