Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Eclipse, "Skyscape Oil Painting" by Marina Petro


Eclipse
16" x 20"
Original oil painting on canvas
Celestial Skyscape Series
Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!

Details and purchasing information HERE or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.


View all my available paintings here

Here's another product of my very fertile imagination. I need to paint. That's just how it is. At times, I need to paint something that will be relaxing when I'm really stressed out. That's when I usually decide to paint something spontaneous without knowing what the outcome will be, as I did with this painting.

It might have to do with bringing harmony in the midst of chaos. These spontaneous paintings always begin in chaos. I dip my brush into the first color that attracts me and go from there... smushing on paint without a plan...just following my instinct, moment to moment.  As the work continues, there's a point that is reached where all the elements need to be brought  to a harmonious state. That's where the healing part of painting and most creative endeavors takes place....bringing the piece to a harmonious whole. 

Today's Quotation: "Painting is dancing with chaos."
-Melanie Circle

a

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin