Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

"Equine Portraits" Marina Petro


Marina Petro Studio
79 Beekman St., Saratoga Springs, NY

Thought I'd share a grouping of a few equine portraits displayed at my studio/gallery in Saratoga Springs, NY. Click on the pic for a larger view. I'm still working on my new baby shown on the easel. The right side of the canvas is now black and I'm contemplating painting stars and a hint of planets, but not quite sure yet. I haven't posted all of these paintings at my blog yet, so you are getting a sneak peek.

I've decided to offer commissioned Equine Portraits, with a special intuitive touch….The horses are painted true to life, and the backgrounds are painted with what I feel intuitively corresponds to the horses' spirit and how they want to be represented. This is a whole new world for me as I'd never painted horses before...they seem to come to life on my canvas.

If you would like your horse painted on canvas with my intuitive touch...EMAIL ME....I will be happy to discuss the details...

Today's Quotation:  "The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire."
- Sharon Ralls Lemon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin