Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

"POLKA DOT PEAR 2" by Marina Petro



Polka Dot Pear 2
8" x 6" (20.4cm x 15.3cm)
Oil on Panel
$100 plus $8 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.



Or email me for other purchasing options
I thought painting the reflection on the bowl would be much more difficult than it was. Always a surprise lurking around the corner. I've called this Polka Dot Pear 2 because I painted another pear on the same fabric a while back and couldn't think of another name...there might be a "3" sometime in the future because I'm happy with how both turned out and the fabric is really fun to paint.

I'm glad to be able to post today. We had an ice storm Thursday and lost power until a little while ago. They are telling us not to get too confident. Power might go out again as the trees begin to thaw. This wasn't fun at all. I walked out to go to my car on Thursday, didn't realize there was ice underneath the tiny bit of snow covering, and fell in the driveway hard and fast. I injured my foot and leg, have been icing it and limping around but it's on the mend. A few years ago we bought a generator so I had limited power...no running water but it wasn't as bad as it could have been and I am grateful for that.

Below is a photo I took from my back door. It really doesn't show the extent of the icing (which was very beautiful).


"Today's Quotation" "So let us go forward, quietly, each on his own path, forever making for the light."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin