Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

"BAD BOY GARFIELD" by Marina Petro


"Bad Boy Garfield"
6x6 inch original oil on Raymar Canvas Panel

Bad Boy Garfield
6" x 6" (15.3cm x 15.3cm)
Oil on Panel
$100 plus $8 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.



I will be putting this painting on eBay later next week if someone doesn't scoop it up here or at my studio sale tomorrow.

If you would like a print, I can provide a 6x6 inch version on heavyweight matte paper for $15 + $5 shipping.

A bit of humor here...Garfield was one of my late mother's favorite cartoon characters. She also loved owls and had a small collection of owl knick knacks and Garfield toys. I keep one of her small stuffed Garfields in my car. Mom died in late November 2002. I painted this in her memory last month. This particular Garfield is a small wind-up toy that rocks back and forth when you wind him up. I was 'fooling around' with the owl and Garfield trying to find a composition for a painting when they struck this pose and I had to paint it...I hope you get a chuckle out of it...

Today's Quotation: "Take away love and our earth is a tomb."
-Robert Browning

Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Marina, you really captured the spirit of these adorable knick knacks. I like it a lot!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin