Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Countryside-Acrylic Landscape Painting by Marina Petro

Countryside
8x10 inches
Original acrylic painting on stretched canvas
Purchase securely HERE for $100 or EMAIL ME for other purchasing options and inquiries.
A Certificate of Authenticity is provided with every painting.

This is one of the rare paintings I've created with acrylic paint. I 'kind of' liked it and will most likely paint with acrylics again... but...I do prefer oil. There's just something more 'genuine' or 'authentic' painting with oil. Acrylic does have it's advantages, though. In this particular piece, the fast drying time was one advantage because it allowed me paint over areas I'd just painted without getting muddy. In fact, this painting began as an experimental painting of a cup on fabric which I was not making much progress with and decided on a different painting altogether. 

Many of my abstract intuitive  Paintings From "The Zone"  are rendered with acrylic, at least in part. It wouldn't be possible for me to get the effects I do with them if I tried painting them with oil.

 I don't particularly like the title I've given this painting. If you come up with something else, EMAIL ME  with yours. It's not too late for me to change it.

These are lovely Sterling Silverplate necklaces I created from my original paintings.

Today's Quotation:  "So let us go forward, quietly, each on his own path, forever making for the light."
-Vincent Van Gogh


My Book: Angels-Guardians From Heaven And Their Habitats
Email Me
Blog
Website
MyFaceBook Page
Available Small Paintings
Available Paintings
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints at Fine Art America
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
Zazzle-My Art Jewelry and Fine Merchandise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin