Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Joy's Sunflower-Sunflower Floral Realism Still Life Oil Painting by Marina Petro

Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
"Joy's Sunflower"
16x20
Original oil painting on stretched canvas
SOLD

I love this painting! My daughter, Joy, grew this sunflower in her garden last summer. I photographed it on the deep red fabric (it was too big and heavy to stand upon it's own) and just got to painting it now...in the middle of winter. What better time? It lifts my spirit each time I view it.

Today's Quotation: "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It's what sunflowers do." 
- Helen Keller



Email Me
Blog
MyFaceBook Page
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

2 comments:

Rob Hazzard said...

Beautiful!!! I really love the cropped composition, the simple red background, and your detail is so nicely executed.

Unknown said...

Gotta love sunflowers! Of course I'm from Kansas :) It is a very nice painting!

Best wishes!

Dana

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin