Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Burgundy Apple-Still Life Fruit and Fabric Oil Painting by Marina Petro

 
Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
"Burgundy Apple"
6x8
Original oil painting on archival Raymar canvas panel
Purchase easily and securely at my ETSY SHOP or EMAIL me to purchase.

I used the same fabric that the apple and pear painting in my last post was painted on....just another section of it.  I also added the polka dots just above the deep burgundy section above the red flower in the foreground. I'll probably use this fabric again. It was fairly easy. I'm liking easy a lot lately. The primary color in this painting is RED. Red is the color of energy. It denotes life force, anger, passion and sensuality, among other things.

We had our first major snow here in upstate NY. It started yesterday and ended this afternoon. We have well over a foot. Predictions are that more is coming tomorrow morning. It was very beautiful but I can do without snow very nicely. I completed a very striking sunflower painting yesterday and wanted to post it today but it was too dark to take pictures. 

Today's Quotation:  "It is through...Art and Art only that we can shield ourselves from the sordid perils of actual existence."
~Oscar Wilde
Email Me
Blog
MyFaceBook Page
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

1 comment:

Rob Hazzard said...

Hi Marina! Beautiful reds, I need to use more in my paintings. I want to see that sunflower. Hope all is well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin