Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

STARLIGHT-Celestial Landscape Oil Painting of Night Sky with Planets, Stars, Clouds by Marina Petro

 
Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
"Starlight"
6x8
Original celestial oil painting on archival Raymar canvas panel
Purchase securely at my ETSY SHOP or EMAIL me for other purchasing options

The compositions for these celestial paintings can go on into infinity. It is one of the most natural subjects for me to paint and hones my intuition. It's interesting because I can be compulsively working with one color and then 'out of the blue' I'll get an impression like "use red now." My first respsonse is generally resistance but I usually go along with the impression and it always works out well.  As I am painting, I wonder whether I am actually painting a constellation that is 'out there' and I'm just tuning into it unconsciously. I suppose it doesn't matter, but I am curious.  Any astronomers out there???

Today's Quotation: "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and I could say, "I used everything that you gave me."
- Erma Bombeck
 

Email Me
Blog
MyFaceBook Page
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

1 comment:

Tatiana said...

Very impressive!
This summer I took several pictures of evening sky in FL. Look almost like this your painting. Check it out!
http://tatianamyersfineart.blogspot.com/2009/06/florida-skys.html

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin