Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2008

"COSMIC SERPENT" by Marina Petro


"Cosmic Serpent"
Original oil painting on gallery wrapped canvas
30x40 inches
Email me for purchasing options

The original painting did not have a serpent. Every time I looked at the painting I felt it still needed something (you might not agree) and I jumped in holding my breath and painted the serpent. She (I assume it's a she) doesn't look too threatening even though she's spitting a little fire. I love the firey section on the upper left with the planet that appears to be being born from it. Hope you enjoy viewing it!

I'm posting an older painting today. I am tired... gave a workshop this morning and am at war with a cold...I am winning and glad for that.

Today's Quotations: “Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the serpent and the serpent didn't have a leg to stand on”
-I don't know who wrote this...found it on a quote site without an author.

“Woman is at once apple and serpent”
-Heinrich Heine



Visit Marina's Blog

Website
Buy Marina's art on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise
Tour Marina's Studio
Email Marina

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin