Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

"ZONE SERIES" No. 28-in Progress by Marina Petro


From "The Zone" Series No. 28-work in progress
24x30 inches
Acrylic on stretched canvas

Happy Valentines Day!
Thought I'd share the progress of my latest painting from the zone. It still has quite a way to go but I hope to finish it soon. Hopefully, I'll get more of a grip on life's little interruptions and master the science of organizing time and energy.

I first began painting these more abstract works as an experiment on paper with tempera paint. I liked working in this way but when I saw the direction they were going and feedback from others I wanted a more permanent painting. I decided to use acrylic on smooth canvas which is not as conducive to the freedom I want to experience in these paintings. I don't particularly like acrylic paint. It doesn't have the sensual quality of oil paint I am accustomed to. So, I'm looking for another ground and possibly another medium to use. In part, the freedom I experience when painting these is that I don't mix colors. I use them straight from the tube and just apply the paint as 'the spirit moves me.' It's a wonderful experience...freeing...mindless and mindful simultaneously. Meditative.

Anyway, it's Valentines Day and this one has a few hearts in it so I thought it would be a good time to post it.

Today's Quote: "Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then, for a second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire."
-Pierre Teilhard de Chardin




Visit Marina's Blog

Website
Buy Marina's art on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise
Tour Marina's Studio
Email Marina

1 comment:

Trine said...

I very much like the freshness and blodness of your art expression. They are paintings that would brighten any mind and wall Trine

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin